Friday 17 April 2009

Occasionally, I get mail from my ex-students. It is heartening to hear that they are doing well. Some of them go on to join good institutions for their PhD. When I was teaching them, I knew they would do so. However, there is always one odd case where I am pleasantly surprised. Sometimes, suddenly, one old student comes to the college and tells me that he/she is doing well....a good business,or maybe an MBA, or even a PhD. That makes me really happy.
These are the moments that make teaching wonderful.

4 comments:

.L.O.S.T said...

you know...
i'm a undergraduate Chemistry students. I've been one for the past 2 years in one of the most respected university of the country.. but in these couple of years I have almost starting to believe that all the Chemistry teachers of the world are cranially saturated with chemical reactions and mechanisms and inert to human emotions.
I'm so glad that there's still one left.
:-)

Sagorika Singha said...

It is similar other way around as well. For the teacher I love or who had inspired me I wanted to better myself, wanted to share my achievement. They are part of it in some way or the other. That makes the entire experience all the more noteworthy.

L said...

Yes it works both ways as do all human interactions.

L said...

LOST: may be because I have forgotton many of the reaction mechanisms there is space.

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...