Monday 19 March 2012

self congratulations

Young women these days are so much better focused on their lives than those of my generation. But on a self-congratulatory note, let me say that they are so because we, their mothers brought them up to be so.
I asked my daughter few months ago, if she wanted to get married in the traditional manner of my finding a suitable boy, and she said emphatically "NO" So there the whole matter ended unlike my parents who manipulated and made me feel guilty and finally made me agree to the same question.
I get a lot of pressure from relatives about when I plan to 'get her' married and I too emphatically say 'when she wants to'. I have also managed to keep my husband out of it.
So I think self congratulations are in order.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...