Tuesday 19 January 2010

living in the hills

I dislike visiting places, but love living in different places--specially the hills. To be a tourist is definitely not my cup-o-tea.
I really enjoyed living in the hills last year. I spent about 5 years of my schooldays in the hills of Uttaranchal(UP then) and a year in the hills of North Bengal. All wonderful experiences.
Wildest are the hills of Sikkim where see a hut and then you can drive for half an hour before you see the next habitation.
The beauty of the mountains, and a school right out of Enid Blyton.....life was good.
Then later, the majesty of Kanchenjuga at our doorstep, walking with my toddler son.
And recently, the wonderful walks in the hills; and best of all the winter evening train ride back home from the library or shopping.
I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...