Friday 15 January 2016

teaching in India

There is some talk of "Brain Gain" describing people, usually in STEM fields, returning to India after working abroad, usually in the USA.
What I would like to see is one of these academics from a notable US university becoming a professor in one of the minor state universities. I shall refrain from giving examples.
It would be an eye-opener of epic nature!
Thirty years back, it would have required some adjustments for the new professor, but it would have been within reason. But now, the story is very different. I wish someone would try and write about it. That would be my nominee for the book of the year.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...