Monday 7 December 2009

parenting

Parenting is such an unscientific activity that I am not surprised I gave up science as soon as I became a parent. It is however, as frustrating and as rewarding as scientific research.
Based on previous observations, you think this action of yours will have this effect , but it does not. Two kids treated in the same manner react exactly the opposite.
Of course it has a logic of its own, and is quite interesting to reflect upon. I have two kids who are exactly the opposite...I don't know how that happened.
Actually, you never know what happened, but ultimately, things work out. During the teen years, you are convinced that you have failed miserably as a parent, but when they grow up, it seems fine.
Ultimately, I am glad I was a parent and not a scientist, since I could not be both.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...