Sunday 8 April 2018

history

I enjoy reading history. I came across a blog that gave some info about the Cholas from some epigraphs from Kanyakumari. All that is fine, but in the story, the first Chola king chased and killed a Rakshasa who turned himself into a deer. This blogger states that this story is discredited by historians (for obvious reasons). Fine till here.
But he feels these historians are hypocritical.
Now comes the problem.
He says  
"As to one changing into another species.
 Today we accept that an object can exist at different levels at the same time as claimed by quantum Physics."
????????????????
In my childhood, I used to like one story and found it hilarious.
There was a man with small child. He fed the child some milk, but it choked. The man was upset. He had a blind friend who asked him what the matter was. The man said, "my child choked when I fed him some milk."
The blind friend asked "what does this milk look like?"
Man said "It is white"
Friend asked "what is white"
The man showed a stork nearby and said "this is white"
The blind friend touched the stork and felt its long neck and said "If you try to feed a child this huge thing, what do you expect?"
The blogger reminded me of this story.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...