Friday 30 October 2015

From when I was old enough to think about this, I believed the essence of being a Hindu was about looking inward....आध्यात्मिक. You could be an atheist (agnostic would be better word perhaps) and be Hindu as in the Samkhya, you could question beliefs and come to conclusions- like the Naasadiya suktam. 
It was not supposed to be a congregational religion, nor a dogmatic one. You were supposed to look for Brahmam in all beings. Any path to god  was a good path. All you had to remember was your actions followed you and the reaction to your actions were inevitable.
There must be many learned people who believe this version of Hinduism -- where are they?
Though my knowledge is very, very limited, I am deeply impressed by what little I do understand.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...