Friday 6 April 2012

A repost

http://midwaypersonal.blogspot.in/search?q=city+academy

I got this invite to be a research guide out of the blue.
I resigned my post doc in 1983 and have not done any research since. So how did they pick me to be a guide?
If I had accepted their offer, I may have been richer by a fairly good sum. Some student(s) would have got a PhD under my "guidance". Those students would all be getting their UGC scales.
Not just that, my college would have been proud of me and I would have been on our college honours list next Sept 5th. Another benefit would have been that this fact would have been good for a few points in the Self Study Report that we just submitted to the NAAC.

In view of so many benefits, I wonder why I did not reply to that email.

2 comments:

Rainbow Scientist said...

Yep, you lost your chance to make yourself and your college proud :)

I have seen these kind of PhDs in my previous job as a college professor in India by my colleagues and students of that small university, and I have also seen someone in Physics publishing 70 research articles while teaching 32 lectures hours a week in "God Knows What journals" in 5 years and getting honored for that.

We have a long way to go...

L said...

70 research papers!!! Well, no one in my college is close to that, but they surely publish a couple by getting some quick research done in between the 3rd and the 5th period lectures.

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...