Monday 23 April 2012

intellectuals

We Indians lack self confidence...I don't meant he constant looking westward for endorsement of our lives, but on an individual level. It is this that makes us belligerent when someone puts forth a counter argument to our own precious views. .... I see myself doing it often and I see it in others very often. Arguments are always personal. Most of us cannot argue dispassionately.
Perhaps this is what makes it difficult for us to be world class in certain areas. Maybe a forceful person makes a good business leader, or a good army commander, but a person unable to appreciate contra views makes a poor thinker.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...