Tuesday 17 April 2012

Why me?

I got this in my Inbox.
Why me? In what way is my qualification (how do they know what it is?) 'suitable' for me to receive this mail?
Do the analytics used by Yahoo tell them that my mail id shows that I am not averse to a bit of fraud here or a bit of con there?
Also why don't they employ someone to edit these and check the grammar?

Hello Hse_agt
You have a perfect qualification but there is no university diploma?
Interesting and highly paid job to approach the dream. We will confirm your professional status. You want the fast and effective decision, we will help you.
well, quickly and Cofidentiality assured! Bachelors, Masters, MBA and /or Doctorate (PhD) .
We wait your callsof 7 days toweek and 24 hours a day, We send certificate to all countries.art to improve today your life, a call in USA: 1-603-509-2001 Outside USA: +1-603-509-2001

5 comments:

Digbijoy Nath said...

a spam email which should be immediately flushed to 'spam box' :-)

L said...

True. But actually,I find these mails interesting. It proves what I have suspected all along...that whatever rules one makes to improve a system, there are ways to subvert it and get around these rules. These ways are innovative. My son tells me that there is a place in Hyderabad where one can get any degree from any University. If you want a PhD from MIT, come to Malakpet.

Digbijoy Nath said...

:-) ... pretty amusing. Well, our presence in internet is unquestionable.....when we use gmail, google, etc., our personal queries and details are stored in database and are used to advertise things for us like the one you received.. now, Google is still a gentleman and asks you something like "Do you wish to proceed?" etc.. but there are so many websites that do not, and behind the screen, the scripts run which capture our personal details.. so it's easy !!

Hip Grandma said...

Ignore such mails. They are spam. I tried responding in my naive old days while in America and gave them my mobile no. 40 USDs were deducted from my mobile account for nothing. I had to return in 2 days and did not mention a word to my daughter who would have eaten my head off for responding.

L said...

one belated doubt like my students..what is Hse_agt?

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...