Wednesday 20 April 2011

NAAC and ISO

Our college is applying to NAAC for accreditation. The whole thing is pure babudom and we all have to pitch in.
I think I have written this before, but still do so-- I was constructing my house a few years ago and the builder was an ISO 9000 company. I used to have long discussions with the architect about the design and there was a huge fat file with my name on it. The file had meticulous record my every word as if I was some Messiah.
However, when it came to actual construction, it was another story.
None of the beautiful drawings made by the architect was given to the site workers, and even if it had been given, they would probably used it to pack their lunch. Nothing of what you asked for was done on site unless you stood there and made them do it.
Well, that's ISO for you! Beautiful records and meticulous files!

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...