Friday 7 January 2011

documentation.

When I was getting my house constructed a few years ago, the builders were ISO 2000 certified. So every decision of mine--where to have my windows, where to place the washbasin etc was documented, signed in triplicate etc. But at the site, there was no paper. The contractor and the masons decided what to do based loosely on some vague idea they had.
So my file looked wonderful, but everyday I had to get a window's position altered or a washbasin shifted or simply curse. That is ISO for you.
Colleges that get accreditation with a good grade are also very good at documentation. A NAAC A grade says just that.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...