Sunday 26 September 2010

Unusual new engineering institutes

I don't know how I have not heard of these institutions before. There are three new institutions that will teach engineering subjects along with sciences, mathematics, social sciences and humanities to rural children who do well in their 10th class examinations. They will study for six years and become engineers. There is no regular lecture process..instruction is through video lectures along with discussions with mentors (and I suppose classmates). It sounds really good.
They were started in 2008 and are subsidised by the government of AP.
Very interesting. Maybe I can visit one of them.
I wish they had better website.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...