Monday 10 June 2013

Rituals

The BSNL tech support person has a very good answer to all my problems. If anything goes wrong with my connection, I must change my modem. "I just bought it two years ago"
"madam, nowadays all these gadgets are use and throw-- two years is a long time".
Somehow my problem got solved on its own or maybe by some magic.
Next time,  after a couple more years, we had a re run.
The new modem had to be from this particular shop he knows. Others don't work...again magic!
I defied the pronouncement of the guru and bought a D LINK from another shop.
Sometimes my modem stops working , I just have to switch it off and on again---lo behold! it works. Same ritual for the TV set top box.
I have this old laptop that has to be switched on- wait for a second, switch off- wait for a couple of minutes- switch on. THEN it comes on - never at the first go. The whole ritual has to be followed every single time.
I am beginning to believe gadgets are the new religon and their rituals need to be followed for the
well-being of human kind.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which means they don't know anything about these gadgets as well as most of their customers.

L said...

@ anonymous: true about not knowing anything about gadgets,if you mean me by 'they' but why would I know their customers as well?

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...