Wednesday 5 June 2013

Driving in Hyderabad is very good for my self esteem. People who have never before set eyes on me think I am an excellent driver. They have great confidence in my abilities. Maybe my appearance  says "she's an excellent driver and has perfect control over her car".
How else do you explain the daily occurrence of incidents like this.............
today a young man overtook me from the right, swerved to his left about three feet from my car and turned into a side road...
or when a man suddenly decided to cross the road when I was a few feet away, confident that I would apply my brakes and not hit him......
or the numerous times when bikes decide to overtake me from the left
or the few times when they do overtake me from the right...... just when, with hand outstretched and signal blinking, I turn into a lane on the right.
I must have that look of an extremely capable driver!!


No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...