Monday 3 August 2015

a hoarding

This hoarding advertised a school in Hyderabad some years ago and I had written down the words at that time. I came across it just now-

This is a verbatim reproduction of a hoarding advertising Oakridge School. I saw this huge hoarding beside a flyover, a few days back, but waited till I could get the exact words. Today I passed by this place again and noted the exact words, believe me.

"16 Nobel Laureates now faculty to Oakridgers at Stanford."

Can you believe it?

2 comments:

William of Occam said...

Presumably the Oakridgers are studying at Stanford which may indeed have around 16 Nobel laureates. On the face of it, seems eminently believable.

L said...

True, that's what it means, in fact, probably one Oakridger is at Stanford. But that there are 16 Nobel Laureates at Stanford is not due to Oakridge, and also the 16 Nobel laureates did not join Stanford just so that they could teach this one Oakridger! The ad makes it sound as if they did. THAT is my grouse.

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...