Tuesday 20 August 2013

village school

It educative to see what problems a small school faces. I went to this school run by a group of women who offer their services voluntarily. It is a free school with children in classes LKG to seventh. They do not have much money and run on donations received. They pay a small salary to about six teachers. They give the children a hot meal of kichidi cooked in the school kitchen. Other volunteers help them in teaching and with the administration. But the problem is, the school is approached through a village road. The long spells of rain have left pits up to 3 ft deep all along this road. No volunteer is willing  to visit them. I myself did not visit the school for the past few weeks, since I was afraid to drive my old car over those roads. So the ladies running the school are now trying to fill up the potholes in the roads themselves since the graam panchayat is not willing to so.
In addition to running the school, they are now into road building.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...