Tuesday 7 May 2013

http://www.slate.com/blogs/how_babies_work/2013/04/10/parental_ethnotheories_and_how_parents_in_america_differ_from_parents_everywhere.html?wpisrc=obnetwork

I used to keep a diary of sorts when in college, and in it, I "discussed" various things that bothered me or various questions that I raised in my own mind. It was something like an argument with myself, with one side putting up only a very weak defense.
One of the things I wondered was whether the great value  that people place on intelligence and science and reason was justified  and whether there was an alternate world view where these qualities were of very little value. I am still not sure of the answer.

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...