Sunday 11 July 2010

football

Nowadays, whenever I switch on the TV, I see football and nothing else. So now the choice is between football or tear-jerker serials...so I chose football though I am totally clueless about sports. I am glad that some sport has ousted cricket off the airwaves. We make too much of cricket. However, in spite of my ignorance, I feel this hype about top goal scorers is a bit much. Top run getters in cricket is one thing, but top goal scorers is quite another. As I understand it, scoring a goal is a team effort, run getting is an individual effort. So why this hype on people who have scored 5 goals or more?

2 comments:

Ketan said...

True, in football the strikers have unfair advantage. Also as you rightly pointed out, many goals are 'cuz of someone else's effort, but one 'touching' the ball last gets the credit.

BTW, why don't you try Discovery channel, History channel, etc. They might suit your interests. :)

L said...

This was one of those times when one wants to switch the mind off and watch the idiot box like an idiot.

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...