One thing I learnt from students is how much more worldly wise they are than I.
On a train on a college tour, this student hangs out near the bathroom for almost an hour. I am a bit suspicious, but just let it pass. Turns out he's drinking. Policeman comes along and threatens to book him. Now I know the policeman wants to be paid off, but I don't know how the topic is raised. I just request him to let the boy off, since otherwise I will have to get down in some god-forsaken town in AP and go with him to the police station. Along come two of his friends, "Ma'm we'll handle this" and they manage to sort it out. I however, still do'nt know how to go about this bribery thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ceiling fan
I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...
-
The bottle neck in the education system is the teacher. No amount of curriculum modernisation is going to help if finally a fantastic curric...
-
There is a lot of noise about the JEE. The IITs want to take in the best students who clear their class XII. Is it possible to have an ins...
-
Nowadays, we get full page ads in the front page of newspapers. The term "front page news" no longer exists since the front page ...
No comments:
Post a Comment