Wednesday 11 January 2017

Some help needed

Some people do read my blog. So, dear reader,  the stats of my blog say the pageviews for my blog has suddenly gone up 10 fold or more. Usually, when I do not post much as is the case in the recent past, I get bout 400/500 pageviews, and when i post often, I get 1200/1500 page views per month. Suddenly this has become 7000 per month  and about 200 daily, even when I don't post anything. This is just unbelievable. I am not sure if it is just error in stats or some malware. Hence I appeal to anyone who can tell me if there's some malware activity and should I worry about it.

5 comments:

Subhankar said...

in your Blogger Account Dashboard, go to, Stats > Overview > Traffic Sources.
Once there, in the Table on top right, you can filter Traffic data for 'Now', 'Day', 'Week', 'Month', 'All Time'

L said...

Thank you. Traffic sources just tells me that most views are from USA, OS windows, browser chrome and firefox. I cannot figure out if there's malware. Anyway, since so far nothing alarming has happened to my computer, so I assume it's not anything serious.

Suvrat Kher said...

This has happened to me too in the past. And in the last couple of months, sudden rush of traffic and not so believable hit counts (mainly from Russia). The other tracker that I use called Statcounter does not show a corresponding increase in traffic. So its something that is affecting the way Google is keeping count. What should I make of it? I just prefer to ignore it :)

Suvrat Kher said...

This has happened to me too in the past. And in the last couple of months, sudden rush of traffic and not so believable hit counts (mainly from Russia!). The other tracker that I use called Statcounter does not show a corresponding increase in traffic. So its something that is affecting the way Google is keeping count. What should I make of it? I just prefer to ignore it :)

L said...

@Suvrat Kher: Thanks. If it is not some malware,it doesn't matter and I can ignore it. Not being too tech-savvy, I was afraid it could be some malware that may hijack my computer or my blog.

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...