Saturday 20 May 2017

There is a fledgling care industry aimed at the senior citizens in India. 
A few years back, old age homes were for the destitute or for those who had no one to look after them. 
Now we have homes for the elderly that nicely combine geriatric care with appropriate independence. 
One can buy a small flat or house in a colony full of senior citizens. These communities provide care and help and companionship for the elderly. 
Now I see some advances in palliative care too. There are also some home care organisations. All that makes me hopeful that in my old age, I will be able to manage without having to trouble my children too much.
But this comes at a fairly high price. So what about people who cannot afford it? 

No comments:

Ceiling fan

 I read somewhere that as a solution for student suicides, IISc has decided to remove fans from hostel rooms. No fan, no suicide. This shoul...